Join in the fun this summer at Artisan Gallery 218 with our newest exhibit opening, book events, and jewelry making classes!
- Reception: ‘I O W I S H’ Exhibit & ‘The Breeds’ by Mary Kline-Misol August 4th, 5-8p. Join us on the 4th for a delightful introduction to our latest exhibition and socialize with the artists and your friends among the artwork
- Book Event: Karen Quance Jeske, “The Soul Reading Journal”, Monday July 31st at 6:30 pm. Jeske will discuss, The Soul Reading Journal, a tool she created to mine books for their spiritual insights. She will share how readers can use the journal to build more meaning into their lives by changing the way they read. According to Jeske, “stories are one of the best tools to help us tap into our reserves of inner wisdom.
- Class: Jewelry Making – Etching on Metal, Saturday, August 5th, 1-4p The class is designed to teach students how to etch on metal and take home a beautiful pendant or pair of earrings.
- Class: Working with Copper Metal Clay, 2-day class on Tuesday August 8th [6-9p] & 15th [6-8p]. In this two session class we will make a pendant using ArtClay copper clay. Once fired and worked on during the second class, you’ll have a lovely pendant to wear or gift.
- Book Event: Karen Weir-Jimerson, Slow Lane, Monday August 28th from 6:30 pm Karen has been gardening since she was 8 years old (when she planted mint and learned the lesson of invasive plants) and now raises perennials, annuals, containers, herbs, and vegetables. She writes for Better Homes and Gardens, and many others. Her book is a collection of essays on the wisdom and wonder of living in the country.
John Evans’ work which was at the Blandon last month is now in the Gallery and looking forward to a new home. ‘February Sunlight’
Amy Mueggenberg has a glass piece which was juried into the Fine Arts division of the Iowa State Fair and will be there for you to see when you visit the Fair. ‘Red River Bowl’
Tom Whalley has two pieces in the Fine Arts division and six in the Woodworking area. One of them is made from African mahogany and ebony, titled ‘4-part Harmony’.
Coming in September and October!
Art Talk on Sept 19th ——- Artist Annick Ibsen will showcase 9 sculptures that interpret a series of personalities, based on a system called the Enneagram. The Enneagram, an old personality analysis system, states that most people fall under certain personalities. Adele Ver Steeg, Enneagram teacher, will be in conversation with Annick about the crossroads of art and the personalities represented at the Gallery.
Jewelry Making classes will continue into September with Beginning Wirework Tues Sep 12th, and Wire-wrapped pendants – date TBD.
Book event on September 25th – the Des Moines Writers’ Workshop, a panel of writers and authors.
Fall Gallery Night, Friday October 6th, from 5-9pm.
Pastel Workshop: Saturday, October 7th 10 – 5pm. In this laid back and fun 1 day workshop with Gallery artist Denice Peters, you’ll be learning about and painting with pastels! Cost: $120.
FINALLY, we’d like to have you share with us some ideas about programming for the future. As you know, we host events and hold some of our own as well as classes. We’d like to have your input. Go to the 4 question survey at this link to provide us with your input: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/9V5QZZZ